Our financial contract is with you, not with your insurance company. If there are any unpaid amounts you will be sent a statement to inform you of your account status. There are several reasons why you may be receiving a statement, even with insurance. Some of the most common are:
- Insurance has denied the claim.
- Insurance has applied the claim to a deductible.
- Insurance has not received a copy of your claim, usually due to incomplete/invalid information.
- Insurance has not responded to the claim within the time frame specified by state law.
- Accurate insurance information has not been provided.
- We have received a response from your primary insurance and are in the process of billing your secondary insurance or your insurance company may need information from you regarding coordination of benefits.
- Insurance has processed the claim and left a higher co-pay or co-insurance amount than what was paid at the time of service.
Please call the Mountainland Pediatrics Billing Office at (303) 853-3440 if there is any part of your bill that you do not understand.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.